We occasionally recommend products we love and might be paid a share of the sale.
If you are new to golf then there is a lot to learn and it can be quite overwhelming. Not only do you need to learn about technique, form, rules of the game, dress codes and the different kinds of swings, you also need to get to grips with all of the equipment.
When you start playing golf, you need to make sure that you have a set of clubs that are suitable for beginners.
They need to be comfortable to grip and easy to swing, giving you more chance of making good contact with the ball.
Choosing the right golf club can be daunting and there is a lot of choice available. How do you know which golf club is going to be right for you?
We have put together this list of the best women’s golf clubs for beginners. We have recommended some great products and reviewed them, weighing up the pros and cons to make it easier for you to choose between them.
We have also included a buying guide to help you narrow down your choice. Keep reading to find out more and to select your ideal golf club.
Here are our recommendations for the best women’s beginner golf clubs.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
If you are a golf beginner and you are looking for a full set of golf clubs that are good quality then you can’t go wrong with this set from Callaway.
It comes with a driver, a 5 wood, a 5 hybrid, a 9 iron, a 7 iron, a sand wedge and a putter.
All of the clubs come in a handy storage bag that is free standing- ideal for taking with you around the golf course. It also comes with three head covers for your clubs.
The clubs have a stainless steel design which is sturdy yet light and very durable. The bag is made of strong material but doesn’t weigh too much.
There are five useful pockets for convenient storage of your balls, tees and personal items while you are out on the golf course.
It also has a cooler pocket for your drink, a rain hood to protect your clubs in adverse weather conditions, and a backpack style strap to give you more options for how you carry the bag.
Callaway is a trusted and respected brand when it comes to golf equipment, so you know that these clubs will serve you well.
That being said, the set is still reasonably priced and you won’t need to spend too much money to get yourself started.
The set is available in a right hand or left hand orientation, and it comes in four different color schemes.
The focus of this set is performance. The clubs are designed to help you achieve maximum distance and accuracy by giving you good control and being more forgiving than some advanced clubs. This is perfect for helping you find your feet with the game
- Brand- Callaway are a trusted branded when it comes to golf
- Variety - You get a good selection of clubs in this set which is everything you need to get started
- Bag - the storage bag is very useful, with extra pockets and weather protection and it is free-standing
- Price - The price of this set is reasonable considering the manufacturer
- Performance - These clubs are designed to help beginners with their performance
- Options - Whilst you get the choice of right hand or left orientation, and different colors, there is no option for longer or shorter shafts to suit your height, A tall option and a petite option would really improve this product and make it suitable for more people, not just those who fit into the average height bracket.
This set of golf clubs is designed specifically to suit female players. The shafts are made of lightweight graphite which makes them comfortable to hold and easy to swing.
It comes with a driver, a 5 wood, a 5 hybrid, a 6 iron, a 7 iron, an 8 iron, a 9 iron, a pitching wedge, a sand wedge, and a putter.
Included with the set is a cart bag which benefits from a double padded shoulder strap for extra comfort.
The bag has three storage pockets and an additional fourth pocket which is fleece lined to keep your personal items safe. The bag is lightweight which makes it easy to carry around the golf course.
The stainless steel irons are designed with a low center of gravity. This makes them more forgiving, helping beginner players to improve their accuracy.
The driver has a high loft for greater distance and good ball contact, allowing you to achieve the perfect balance of power and direction.
The wide sole sand wedge is weighted low to help you when taking those greenside shots.
Wilson is a well established brand when it comes to sport equipment, and this set is of a very high quality.
It is more expensive than the Callaway set, but it comes with more clubs so the value for money works out just as good.
- Brand - Like Callaway, Wilson is a trusted brand that makes quality golf equipment
- Value for money - You get a lot of clubs for your money with this set and you won’t need to buy any extras
- Variety - The range of clubs that this set provides will cover you for every eventuality on the golf course
- Bag - The set comes with a useful storage bag with a comfortable padded strap and useful storage pockets.
- Performance - Each club is carefully designed to help improve your performance, from the shaft material to the loft
- Options - You can choose between left and right orientation, but there are no options for shaft length and there is only one color choice for the bag.
- Covers - Head covers are not included with this set
Aspire is a lesser known brand than Callaway and Wilson, but this set is still a really great option.
It comes with a driver, a 3 wood, a hybrid, a 6 iron, a 7 iron, an 8 iron, a 9 iron, a pitching wedge, and a putter. It also comes with a freestanding bag with optional backpack style straps.
Some of the clubs are made from stainless steel and others are made from graphite.
They have a non-slip rubber grip which means that whatever club you are using, it is going to be comfortable to hold and it won’t slip out of your grasp.
The clubs are forgiving, helping you to achieve great accuracy, loft and distance with every swing.
This set is similarly priced to the Wilson set, but with fewer clubs and from a smaller brand.
This means that Wilson still holds the top spot for value for money, but this product is still highly recommended.
- Variety - There is a good range of clubs included with this set
- Bag - The set comes with a great storage bag that is free-standing and can be carried like a backpack
- Materials - Top quality materials are used to make these clubs including stainless steel, graphite, and non-slip rubber
- Performance - These clubs have been designed for beginners to improve their performance
- Brand- The brand is less well known than Callaway or Wilson
- Orientation - There is a right hand option but no left hand option
- Color - There is only one color option for this product, which is unfortunate if you don’t want to use pink equipment!
This golf set seems expensive, but that is because it comes with so many clubs! You get a driver, a 3 wood, a 5 wood, a 7 wood, a 5 hybrid, a 6 iron, a 7 iron, an 8 iron, a 9 iron, a pitching wedge, a sand wedge, and a putter.
Not only do you get all of these clubs, but you also get headcovers and a top of the range free-standing storage bag with multiple pockets.
The entire product is covered by a 2 year manufacturer warranty, so you can have peace of mind that these products are well made.
Like Callaway and Wilson, Cobra is a well known golf brand. This means that you are not just paying for a great range of clubs, you are also paying for the quality that comes with a top golf equipment brand.
The bag and the clubs have a plum and silver color scheme which makes a nice change from the standard pink and baby blue color options you usually get with women’s sport equipment.
Some of the clubs are made of alloy steel and others are made of graphite. The titanium driver is designed to be flexible and heel weighted to help you achieve a straight shot with good distance.
The woods have a nice shallow profile to help you tee off with accuracy. The irons have a cavity back design which is traditional and forgiving.
- Brand - Cobra are known for making excellent quality golf equipment
- Variety - You get a very impressive selection of clubs in this set which gives you everything you could need for a game of golf
- Value for Money - This set is more expensive than the others but the number of clubs that you get makes it good value for money
- Performance- Each club has been carefully designed to provide you with the best chance of a good performance at each key point of the game
- Color - Whilst the color scheme is lovely, there is only one option to choose from
- Orientation - There is no option for left hand orientation - the set is right hand only
This is the most expensive set on the list and is definitely a top budget product.
This is because TaylorMade is the most sought after brand when it comes to golf equipment, so you are paying for the quality that is associated with the name and the status that comes from using their equipment.
They have been established for a long time and are known in the industry for their research and development.
This puts them at the forefront of new discoveries and means that their products always have the most up to date technology and features.
Included with this set is a driver, a putter, a 3 fairway wood, a 5 fairway wood, a 5 hybrid, a 6 hybrid, a 7 iron, an 8 iron, a 9 iron, a pitching wedge and a sand wedge.
This is a good range of clubs which will be enough to get you started. It also comes with a storage bag and matching head covers, available in a choice of three colors.
The clubs are lightweight and designed to help you achieve distance and speed. They are flexible and forgiving, making good contact with the ball and launching it in the right direction.
The putter is not just a standard design - it is a premium spider putter that was created to ensure a good forward roll. If you have the money to spend then you will not be disappointed with this golf set from TaylorMade.
You might want to add to it over the years, but you won’t need to replace your clubs for a long time, even when you progress to a more advanced playing level.
- Brand - TaylorMade is considered to be the best golf brand in the world, offering innovative design and unique products
- Variety - This set comes with a good variety of clubs to get you started
- Bag - The set comes with a storage bag and headcovers
- Performance - These clubs benefit from cutting edge technology and innovative design to help you improve your performance
- Orientation - This set is only available in a right hand orientation
- Price - The price of this set might put some people off
Now that you have read through our recommended products, it is time for you to decide which of these golf sets is going to be the best option for you. Even though we have narrowed down your search, this could still be a tricky decision.
That is why we have put together this buying guide to remind you of the most important things that you need to consider.
Related article: Best Women’s Golf Iron Sets That Are Forgiving To Increase Distance
The first thing you need to decide is your budget. These golf sets range in price from less than 400$ to more than 1000$.
You don’t need to go to the top of the price bracket to get a good quality golf club set, but if you have the money to spend then you might want to get the best set possible.
When comparing golf sets, look at the price per club rather than just comparing the overall price of each set. Some sets may include more clubs than others, which can impact the value for money of the product.
Once you have set your budget, you should think about which brand you want to buy. Are you looking for a top of the range golf set? In which case, Taylor Made could be the best brand for you.
Do you want an affordable set from a recognized and respected brand? Wilson or Callaway could be the way to go.
Perhaps you are not fussy about which brand you use, in which case you will need to carefully read the customer reviews to ensure that the products are good quality. If you are going for a lesser known brand, try and get a product with a good warranty.
One of the features you want to look out for when choosing beginner clubs is how forgiving they are. Look for clubs that have a low center of gravity and a large club face.
This makes them easier to swing and you are more likely to make good contact with the ball.
You need to find the right balance between a weighted club that helps to increase the power and distance of your shots, but not having it so heavy that your swings are less accurate.
The shaft of the golf club is made of different materials depending on the type of club and the manufacturer. Stainless steel shafts are strong and sturdy, but they don’t offer any flexibility.
They can also be quite heavy. Graphite shafts are more flexible and lightweight, which makes them very popular with women who are new to golf. You might also find that some shafts such as drivers are made with titanium.
When you are comparing golf sets, think about which product offers you the best variety. You need different types of clubs for different circumstances and situations, and the best golf sets which make sure that all areas are covered.
If you have already started playing golf, think about which clubs you tend to use the most and make sure that they are included in the set you choose.
All of the sets we have included in this list come with a storage bag for the clubs that is suitable for taking on the golf course.
The bags vary in terms of how many pockets they have, the strap style and whether there are any specialized pockets such as a cooler or fleece lining. Make sure you think about which golf bag is going to be best for you.
Some golf club sets also come with headcovers for the woods and hybrids, which could be a deciding factor for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions beginners have when it comes to buying golf clubs. Make sure you read through these to get all of the information you need before you make your purchase.
What Is The Difference Between Men’s Golf Clubs And Women’s Golf Clubs?
Women can play with men’s golf clubs, but women’s golf clubs are designed specifically to suit women better. They have a slightly shorter shaft. This is because, on average, women are usually shorter than men.
They are also lighter to account for most men having more muscle mass than women. Using women’s golf clubs can help women to improve their performance and be on equal footing with male players.
What Are Custom Fit Golf Clubs?
When you are looking for your first set of golf clubs you will probably hear people using the term ‘custom fit’ . Custom fit golf clubs are clubs that are made specifically for you with your measurements in mind.
This allows you to get a shaft length that is ideal for your height- think of it like having a custom made dress rather than buying one off the rack. Custom fit clubs are more expensive and we wouldn’t recommend them for your first set.
Once your playing level is more advanced you know that golf is a sport you intend to play long term, then you might want to consider investing in custom fit clubs.
Choosing your first set of golf clubs as a beginner can be quite difficult. You want to make sure that the clubs are going to be right for you and that they will help your performance rather than hinder it.
We have recommended some excellent products for you to choose from. Whichever one you go for, it will help you to enjoy getting into the swing of golf.
- Funny Golf Terms - February 21, 2023
- How To Play Vegas Golf Game - February 16, 2023
- How To Play Wolf Golf Game - February 16, 2023